Merry Christmas and Thank you!
Wow – what a year!
As we come to the end of the year we just wanted to say thank you.
Thank you for supporting us.
Thank you for reading and contributing to our content we put out there.
Thank you for recommending us to people.
Thank you for making a choice to use us when you need help.
And….Congratulations for making it through undoubtedly, one of our most challenging years.
We’d like to take this chance to send all of our clients, friends and colleagues a very Happy Christmas and New Year.
Things we supported our clients with that worked really well:
- Just get through this year and keep their head above water.
- Focus on getting the right base systems, policies and platforms in place.
- Humanising workplaces and building open feedback environments.
- Introducing flexibility into workplaces, contractual changes and different ways of communicating with teams.
- Investing in their employer brand, vision, mission, purpose and putting values at the centre of their business.
- Leadership training and ongoing accountability check-ins.
- 90 day sprints and planning sessions.
- Developing and rolling out culture codes.
- Adding in different type of behavioural assessments to recruitment and team building processes to better understand stakeholders.
- Helped companies set up powerful internal recruitment programs and processes.
- Helped build effective career pages.
- Reviewed and recommended the right organisation structures to facilitate succession planning and meeting the objectives of the business/future plans.
- Staff satisfaction and engagement survey and actions.
- CEO and board reviews.
- 360 reviews and skill gap analyses.
- Embrace mental health initiatives in the workplace.
- Reviewed layouts of office to optimise work productivity.
Some of the big problems that we have been presented with:
- Increased frustrations from business owners and leaders of the complexities of managing staff and contractual/award obligations, particularly over COVID and now in return back to work.
- Avoiding conflict or difficult conversations and waiting too long to have conversations with team members about bad performance and/or conduct.
- Leaders being too scared to have any kind of conversations with team members in fear of retribution.
- Total frustration, fear and misunderstanding surrounding mental health.
- Lack of succession planning and/or clarity over organisation structure and responsibilities.
- Concerns regarding underpayment of wages (particularly around annualising salaries around the $50-$65k mark) and concerns over appropriate leave accruals over COVID).
- Lack of accountability and care factor.
- Talent deficits and inability to find good team members.
As always, if you need help and support with any of the above, yell out and we would love to see if we can help.
Our vision remains strong in supporting and improving the work lives of business owners and team members. We’re on a mission to help build workplaces in Australia that people enjoy working for and business leaders enjoy running.
We want to help business leaders expand their services and products by attracting, retaining and growing the right team members to support their vision. This means more jobs and more potential opportunity.
We want to build our future leaders and help business leaders create more impact, more returns and gain more control of their time to work on things they love.
We follow the principle that happier teams = happier families = happier communities. We believe that everyone is the right fit for the right business. The key is to unlock what that is for both the business and the individual.
I can’t wait to work with you all again in 2021, and help you combat your people problems and grow a business you love.
Stay safe, healthy and happy!
Ps We will still be operating over the Christmas and New Year break (except the public holidays) but will only be checking emails sporadically over this time.