Will you commit?
You guessed it!
It’s time to pull out your notebook again.
For the next 12 months to be impactful and the year you’re hoping and dreaming for, we need to make your vision a reality!
Last week you wrote down ideas for your ideal year ahead along with a few items or habits that will help you achieve it.
This week we’ll create action steps and commitments. As I shared last week, you’re significantly more likely to complete something if you’ve written it down.
In a Forbes article, Kathy Caprino offers wonderful insight, “To be successful in life and work, it takes commitment that doesn’t wane. It takes believing that you can create movement in your life and business.”
So are you willing to make your 2020/2021 vision a reality?
Let’s find out.
Pull out your notebook and answer the following:
- Based on your vision, what are you willing to commit to in order to accomplish it all? (Consider time, work, habits, etc.)
- How will you ensure you stay committed? (Some of my favourite ways include reviewing your vision and list of commitments daily or having a buddy system of accountability or coach).
- Are you willing to put in the effort to achieve what you want?(Hopefully this answer is a yes!)
Now take a close look at your responses.
Is anything missing? Are there any action steps or commitments you need to make in order to achieve your vision? These might include training in a particular area for example or appointing someone to help you.
If so, jot that down right now in your notebook.
To recap this month, you now have:
- A thorough reflection and summary of 2019/2020
- A well-designed vision for the next 12 months
- Invincible action steps and commitments for achieving your vision
Wow! That’s pretty damn exciting!
But wait, we’re not quite done.
Here’s the most critical step of the entire month:
Ensure you accomplish everything you want
Put 12 x monthly reminders on your calendar right now titled, “Review My 2020/2021 Vision.”
You don’t have to type anything else, just that title. Set one for each month for the next 12 months.
When you see one of those notifications pop up next year, pull out your notebook and spend 30 minutes reviewing your progress.
You’ll be able to see exactly how you’re doing and where you need to tweak – all without waiting until the end of the year.
With this plan in place, you’re set up to make 2020/2021 a success. And I’m excited to be on the journey with you. PS Please feel free to share it with us to help build your accountability.
Accountability is a powerful tool in achieving what you want.
Congratulations on putting in the work for a life-changing 2020/2021! Revisit your answers and notes as often as you wish.
Thanks for sharing!