Is your team struggling? (5 signs of overwhelm)
If you’re the boss (or manager) and you’re running around feeling completely overwhelmed…
It’s more than likely that the feeling is trickling down to your team underneath you.
And by the way:
If you’re feeling cool and collected that doesn’t necessarily mean that isolates your team from feeling overwhelmed. You may be feeling totally calm because they’re wearing all the load.
As a manager, if you’re only spending all of your time running to meetings and putting out fires, then it’s hard to do the actual job of managing and supporting your team.
You know, things like:
- Helping prioritise tasks
- Brainstorming solutions when team members may be feeling overwhelmed or out of options
- Taking the time to check-in with your team to make sure they’re feeling supported
If you’re unsure whether your team is on struggle street, here’s 5 signs they might need a little more love:
1. The team is fighting with one another.
The occasional smart remark that doesn’t go well, or a short argument over the way to handle a task happens at work.
However, if the fights increase, then become grudges and people start gossiping about each other—it’s a problem.
When your employees become overworked, stressed out, then it’s much more likely that tempers will flare up and potentially say things they may not mean.
2. Skipping lunch breaks and staying late becomes a habit.
While it’s understandable if this happens for a short period of time during a particularly busy time frame at your company, if it starts falling into the ‘norm’, it could be a problem.
People need breaks. It’s important to be able to walk away from work and refresh your mind.
If you’re too overwhelmed to eat a lunch away from your desk on a regular basis, it’s time to do something.
Learn the rest of the signs to watch for to see if your team is overwhelmed:
What do you do when you are feeling overwhelmed? Do you have any great tips to share?
If you’re looking to learn about end-to-end processes that will set your business up for success, book a spot at our NEW 1-day Culture Accelerator LIVE event on 12 July 2019 at the Lion in North Adelaide.
Do you feel overwhelmed? Do your employees or customers complain about being overwhelmed? Get in touch with me in one of the following ways:
- Sign up to our BespokeHR Community to receive complimentary access to free useful tips and tools that help navigate your way through people issues.
- Like and follow the BespokeHR Facebook page for free to receive inspirational quotes, reflections and current issues.
- Fast track your leadership and culture with our new 90-day Culture Accelerator Program.
- Book one of our 1-day intensive leadership programs — commercial, practical and highly tool-based to get you walking out with immediate value, clear implementation, quotes, steps and actions. Our next session is a 1-day Culture Accelerator LIVE on 12 July 2019.
- Private consultation. Work directly with me and my team to help set up your people platforms up for success, just reply to this message, with “Private” in the subject line, and tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you the details!